Publications and invited conference contributions
Research on graphene requires a wide range of expertise including chemical synthesis, electron microscopy, surface physics and theoretical modelling. Since 2007, researchers from Physics, Chemistry and Engineering science at Uppsala university are active in the graphene field. The initiative has been awarded University support 2008-2010 within the Quality and Renewal program.
- Performance analysis of hydrogenated graphene Field-Effect Transistors through a multiscale approach G. Fiori, S. Lebegue, A.Betti, P. Michetti, M. Klintenberg, O. Eriksson, and G. Iannaccone, Phys. Rev B 82, 153404 (2010).
- Assisted self-healing in ripped graphene L. Bläckberg , A. Ringbom, H. Sjöstrand, and M. Klintenberg Phys. Rev. B, B 82, 195434 (2010). also accessible from the November 22, 2010 issue of Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology http://www.vjnano.org
- Complex edge effects in zigzag graphene nanoribbons due to hydrogen loading S. Bhandary, M. I. Katsnelson, O. Eriksson and B. Sanyal Phys. Rev. B 82, 165405 (2010)
- Defect-controlled electronic transport in single, bilayer, and N-doped graphene: Theory K. Carva, B. Sanyal, J. Fransson, and O. Eriksson, PHYSICAL REVIEW B 81, 245405 (2010)
- Dynamical effects in x-ray absorption spectra of graphene and h-BN on Ni (111), Ján Rusz, A.Preobrajenski et al. Phys. Rev. B 81, 073402 (2010)
- A theoretical analysis of the chemical bonding and electronic structure of graphene interacting with Group IA and Group VIIA elements. M.Klintenberg, S.Lebegue, M.Katsnelson and O.Eriksson, Phys. Rev. B 81, 85433 (2010).
- Grafen-det nya supermaterialet, A.Delin, O.Eriksson, and J.Falk, Forskning och Framsteg nr.1, 2010, sid.21
- Conductivity engineering of graphene by defect formation. S. H. M. Jafri, K. Carva, E. Widenkvist, T. Blom, B. Sanyal, . Fransson, O. Eriksson, U. Jansson, H. Grennberg, O. C. Karis, R. A. Quinlan, B. C. Holloway, K. Leifer Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 43 (2010) 045404 doi:10.1088/0022-3727/43/4/045404 link full-text available for free 4 weeks from Jan 13, at www.iop.org/journals/thismonth
- Accurate electronic band gap of graphane from GW calculations. S.Lebegue, M.Klintenberg, M.Katsnelson and O.Eriksson, Phys. Rev. B 79, 245117 (2009)
- Evolving properties of two dimensional materials, from graphene to graphite M.Klintenberg, S.Lebegue, C.Ortiz, B.Sanyal, and O.Eriksson, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 21 (2009) 335502.
- Mild sonochemical exfoliation of bromine-intercalated graphite: a new route towards graphene. E. Widenkvist, D. W. Boukhvalov, S. Rubino, S. Akhtar, J. Lu, R. A. Quinlan, M. I. Katsnelson, K. Leifer, H. Grennberg, U. Jansson, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 42 (2009) 112003 DOI:10.1088/0022-3727/42/11/112003 link
- Supramolecular functionalization of Graphene Wenzhi Yang, Helena Grennberg ECS Transactions, 19 (5) 211-214 (2009) DOI 10.1149/1.3119544
- Molecular adsorption in graphene with divacancy defects. B.Sanyal, O. Eriksson, U. Jansson, H. Grennberg PHYSICAL REVIEW B 79, 113409 (2009) DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.79.113409 link
Atomic layer deposition of titanium dioxide nanostructures using carbon nanosheets as a template M. Rooth, R. Quinlan, E. Widenkvist, J. Lu, H. Grennberg, B. C Holloway, A. Hårsta and Ulf Jansson, Journal of Crystal Growth 2009, 311, 373-377 doi:10.1016/j.jcrysgro.2008.10.035
- Electronic structure of two-dimensional crystals from ab-initio
theory S. Lebègue and O. Eriksson Physical Review B 79, 115409 (2009) link
- Defect formation in graphene nano-sheets by acid treatment: an X-ray absorption spectroscopy and density functional theory study. V.A.Colman, R.Knut, O.Karis, H.Grennberg, U.Jansson, R.Quinlan, B.C.Holloway, B.Sanyal and O.Eriksson J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 41 (2008) 062001 Link
- Dynamical core-hole screening in the x-ray absorption spectra of hydrogenated carbon nanotubes and graphene. O. Wessely, M. I. Katsnelson,A. Nilsson, A. Nikitin, H. Ogasawara, M. Odelius, B. Sanyal, and O. Eriksson PHYSICAL REVIEW B 76, 161402(R), (2007)
Invited conference contributions
- Biplab Sanyal Chemical functionalisation of graphene, experiment and theory at Computational Physics and Chemistry of Graphene, October 14-16, 2009, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Olle Eriksson, APS spring meeting 2011 "Functionalization of graphene"