Tailored proteomic solutions
Welcome to the mass spectrometry-based proteomics facility at Uppsala University. We are located at the Department of Chemistry - BMC, Analytical Chemistry. We offer tailored proteomic solutions for projects from both academia and industry.
- Qualitative proteomics. Identification of proteins in complex biological samples.
- Quantitative proteomics. Label-free and labeling techniques.
- Body fluid proteomics. E.g. cerebrospinal fluid and plasma.
- Characterization of post-translational modifications. e.g. protein phosphorylation and glycosylation.
- Proteomics of samples from non-human species. E.g. cats, dogs, plants, bacteria and parasites.
- Protein identification. From solution and gel spots/bands.
- Analysis of proteins from tissue samples stored in biobanks (FFPE/OCT storage).
- Determination of the intact mass of recombinant and native proteins.
- Immunoprecipitation and identification of target proteins. The facility offers advice on experimental set up for identification of immunoprecipitated and co-immunoprecipitated proteins with MS.
- In depth characterization of native and recombinant proteins.
- Protein extraction. Selective extraction of proteins from cells and tissues.
- Protein separation. 1-D SDS-PAGE Ion chromatography fractionation (SCX, ERLIC)
- Training services. We provide courses and workshops.
- LTQ Orbitrap Velos Pro ETD MS. (Thermo Scientific).
- QExactive Plus Orbitrap MS. (Thermo Scientific)
- MALDI TOF/TOF MS. (Bruker Daltonics), 2 instruments.
- Easy nanoLC 1000 and Easy nanoLC II (Thermo Scientific)
- 1260 Infinity LC (Agilent Technologies)
- Characterization of truncated and modified proteins, elucidation of enzymatic cleavage sites.
- In-depth cerebrospinal fluid proteome analyses and determination of biomarkers for various disease states.
- Simultaneous extraction of membrane bound and cytosolic proteins from cells and tissues, followed by MS-analysis.
- Comprehensive characterization of phosphoproteins and phosphoproteomes.
- Population-based Omics: Correlation of genomic data to MS-based proteomics results.
LINKS AND COLLABORATORS
Using the facility
To use the mass spectrometry-based proteomics facility, contact Ganna by e-mail or telephone and book a time for a start-up meeting: