Syllabus for Current Trends in Chemistry
Aktuella trender i kemin
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1KB467
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2011-03-10
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Revised: 2012-06-01
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2012
120 credits with 60 credits in chemistry.
- Responsible department: Department of Chemistry - BMC
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Account for current trends in chemical research especially with respect to the chosen specialisation within the Master programme.
- Summarise and critically analyse scientific articles with special reference to scientific methods and formulation of scientific questions.
- Discuss scientific ethics and the effects of chemical research and development on society.
- Assess and evaluate different types of arguments as well as sources of information relevant to the program with an awareness of their possibilities and limitations
Choices of and search in scholarly databases; overview of different fields of current chemical research, partly common to all but also in small groups depending on chosen specialisation. documentation of scientific results. Plagiarism.
Lectures and seminars. It is required that the student has been present at the lectures and have actively participated in the seminars
Written summaries of given, during the course presented, research fields. Furthermore is required that the student has been acting as a seminar leader.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Autumn 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2012)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2011)
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.