About the research programme in Biochemistry
Head of the Biochemistry programme:
P.O. Box 576, SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Husargatan 3, House B7, level 3
The programme history - A heritage to be proud of
More than 100 years of excellence in research and innovation in biochemistry.
1926 - The Svedberg "for his work on disperse systems”.
1948 - Arne Tiselius "for his research on electrophoresis and adsorption analysis, especially for his discoveries concerning the complex nature of the serum proteins”.
Innovations: Ultracentrifugation, electrophoresis, chromatography
Our visions for the future within Biochemistry
Exploring and exploiting biomolecules for a healthier and sustainable world
- Characterization of the interactome of biological systems
- Discovery of drugs with optimal efficacy and safety
- Development of vaccines for autoimmune disorders
- Understanding the stereoselectivity of biological catalysts
- Design of enzyme based fuel cells for complete combustion