Our research within Sjöberg Group
Our research areas:
- Fundamental understanding of ionization, especially in electrospray.
- Hyphenation of separation techniques with mass spectrometry.
- Characterization and detection of organic-phosphorylated compounds in environmental samples like soil and sediment.
- Characterization and detection of non-covalently bound metal-organic complexes, especially Palladium, present in organic synthesis reactions.
- Characterization and detection of and compounds present in byproducts from forest and agricultural industry.
Advanced mass spectrometry
The department has access to a broad range of mass spectrometers including quadrupole (Q), triple quadrupole, time-of-flight (TOF), TOF-TOF, Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance (FT-ICR-MS) and Orbitrap. Both fundamental and applied research is performed on those instruments in areas such as proteomics, pharmaceutical, food and environmental.
Areas where we use mass spectrometry:
Follow links for more information regarding the respective research area.