Antibiotic resistance – joint actions towards sustainable solutions: Symposium and the 2023 Göran Gustafsson Lecture in Medicine
- Date: –17:00
- Location: Universitetshuset, sal IX
- Lecturer: Professor Gerry Wright
- Organiser: Uppsala University, Uppsala Antibiotic Center and the Göran Gustafsson Foundations
- Contact person: Agneta Mattsson, Eva Garmendia
Welcome to a symposium on antibiotic resistance together with the 2023 Göran Gustafsson lecture in medicine.
Every year, Uppsala University, together with the The Göran Gustafsson Foundation, invites an internationally renowned researcher in medicine to give a lecture. This year’s lecture and symposium is given in collaboration with Uppsala University’s Uppsala Antibiotic Center.
Registration to the symposium will open in February 2023, meanwhile you can save the date!
Thie 2023 Göran Gustafsson lecturer and key note lecturer is Professor Gerry Wright, Director at Institute for Infectious Disease Research and Professor at Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, McMaster University, Canada.
The keynote lecture by Prof. Wright will be followed by short talks on different topics related to antibiotic resistance efforts.
Other confirmed lecturers are:
- Diarmaid Hughes, Professor, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology and co-coordinator of ENABLE-2
- Christel Bergström, Professor, Department of Pharmacy
- Linus Sandegren, Associate Professor, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Christer Malmberg, Chief Scientist at Gradientech
- Anna-Carin Nordvall, Associate Professor, Department of Business Studies
- Francesco Ciabuschi, Professor Department of Business Studies
- Hedvig Gröndal, Postdoc, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences