Research (not to mention graduate school) is a complex business. To make it a bit easier, here are some resources available to us:
- Electronic resources. Resources for writing, analyzing data, doing synthesis, and more.
- SMC's Chemical Inventory (ask current SMC member for password)
- Instruments and Equipment. Our physical tools for performing research.
- Mental Health. Resources for maintaining good mental health while doing research.
- Techniques & Standard Operating Procedures. How to do chemistry safely and effectively in the SMC lab.
If you need information on how to respond to harrassment, see this flowchart made by members of the Department, and this webpage with important information from the Equal Opportunities Group.
If you notice something broken that is not 'owned' by SMC - like burned out lightbulbs - report the problem using these guidelines from Polacksbacken.
Last modified: 2022-10-04