Synthetic Molecular Chemistry
We conduct research in molecular synthetic chemistry.
Our research has two different orientations. On the one hand, we study catalysts for hydrogen production or carbon dioxide reduction that can be used in artificial photosynthesis. On the other hand, we are also interested in how phosphorus affects organic pi-conjugated systems for the use in molecular electronics.
The research focuses on:
- Molecular bioinorganic chemistry
- Catalysis for artificial photosynthesis
- Molecular maingroup chemistry
Research Projects within the Ott group
The Ott group is currently working on the following projects:
Molecular and supramolecular systems in the context of Artificial Phostosynthesis
- Functional Models of the [FeFe]-Hydrogenase active site
- Phostosensitizer for Artificial Photosynthesis
- Catalytic Water Oxidation (in collaboration with Anders Thapper)
Low valent Phosphorous Compounds