- New patent-pending manufacturing method hopes to accelerate the transition to renewable energy sources 2022-07-18
- Altris starts large-scale production of sustainable battery material 2022-05-16
- Here secrets are revealed at an atomic level 2022-04-07
- Eliminating the bottlenecks for the use of lithium-sulfur batteries 2022-03-30
- The new master's programme - Sweden's first education in battery technology 2022-01-18
Dissertation: "Mechanistic studies on proton-coupled electron transfer from tyrosine and tryptophan derivatives"
Dissertation: "Immobilisation of Ru-based molecular catalysts for electrochemical water oxidation"
Dissertation: "Crystallographic studies of non-equilibrium structural changes in cathode materials"
"Green" ammonia from water and nitrogen
Do you have imagination, are you curious and creative? Then chemistry have many exciting areas to offer. New substances are created every day in hopes of finding intelligent materials, new medicines and to get new insights into how nature works. If you are a more theoretical person you can design molecules in the digital world.
The width within chemistry is reflected both in curricula and research. We have everything from basic level courses to specialized courses, within bachelor, engineering and master level programmes. The courses within our master programmes are given in English.
The research within Chemistry - Ångström
Meet our researchers
She has put Uppsala University’s battery research on the world map.
Read the interview with professor Kristina Edström
Within the Department of Chemistry - Ångström at Uppsala University, there are six different research programmes focusing on different areas within chemistry.
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Macromolecular Chemistry
- Molecular Biomimetics
- Physical Chemistry
- Structural Chemistry
- Synthetic Molecular Chemistry
Our researchers have access to extensive infrastructure and we are involved in several larger research collaborations together with researchers from other departments and universities.