- Per-Ola Norrby receives the 2019 Ulla and Stig Holmquist's award 2019-10-14
- Elements of the month - Erbium (Er) & Terbium (Tb) 2019-10-10
- The 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry goes to John B. Goodenough, M. Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino 2019-10-09
- Battery2030+ initiative - “We are on track but we can’t relax” 2019-09-26
- New invention Brings Metal Additive Manufacturing to the Next Level 2019-09-23
Element of the month
Do you have imagination, are you curious and creative? Then chemistry have many exciting areas to offer. New substances are created every day in hopes of finding intelligent materials, new medicines and to get new insights into how nature works. If you are a more theoretical person you can design molecules in the digital world.
The width within chemistry is reflected both in curricula and research. We have everything from basic level courses to specialized courses, within bachelor, engineering and master level programmes. The courses within our master programmes are given in English.
Meet our researchers
She coordinates EU project Battery 2030+ and receive millions of SEK in research funding each year and she has put Uppsala University’s battery research on the world map.
Read the interview with professor Kristina Edström
Within the Section of Chemistry at Uppsala University, there are 10 different research programmes focusing on different areas within chemistry.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Molecular Biomimetics
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Structural Chemistry
- Synthetic Molecular Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry