- SwedNess research school receives increased funding from SSF 2020-01-17
- Professor Leif Hammarström receives Presidential Award 2020-01-16
- Highlighted paper: Core-level nonlinear spectroscopy triggered by stochastic X-ray pulses 2020-01-13
- Thesis Production and DiVA helpesk on site at Ångström 2020-01-09
- Elements of the month - Scandium (Sc) & Helium (He) 2019-12-19
Do you have imagination, are you curious and creative? Then chemistry have many exciting areas to offer. New substances are created every day in hopes of finding intelligent materials, new medicines and to get new insights into how nature works. If you are a more theoretical person you can design molecules in the digital world.
The width within chemistry is reflected both in curricula and research. We have everything from basic level courses to specialized courses, within bachelor, engineering and master level programmes. The courses within our master programmes are given in English.
Meet our researchers
Within the Section of Chemistry at Uppsala University, there are 10 different research programmes focusing on different areas within chemistry.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Molecular Biomimetics
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Structural Chemistry
- Synthetic Molecular Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry