- Elements of the month - Silicon (Si) & Lanthanum (La) 2019-09-05
- Recreating meteorite impacts to find magnetic materials 2019-08-20
- Element of the month - Lithium & Selenium 2019-08-12
- How Cyanobacteria Use Solar Energy to Produce Biofuel 2019-08-05
- New Open Access agreement from July 15 - Springer Nature Fully Open Access 2019-06-27
Element of the month
Do you have imagination, are you curious and creative? Then chemistry have many exciting areas to offer. New substances are created every day in hopes of finding intelligent materials, new medicines and to get new insights into how nature works. If you are a more theoretical person you can design molecules in the digital world.
The width within chemistry is reflected both in curricula and research. We have everything from basic level courses to specialized courses, within bachelor, engineering and master level programmes. The courses within our master programmes are given in English.
Meet our researchers
She coordinates EU project Battery 2030+ and receive millions of SEK in research funding each year and she has put Uppsala University’s battery research on the world map.
Read the interview with professor Kristina Edström
Within the Section of Chemistry at Uppsala University, there are 10 different research programmes focusing on different areas within chemistry.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Molecular Biomimetics
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Structural Chemistry
- Synthetic Molecular Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry