What research do we conduct?
Our researchers have access to a large amount of advanced instruments and technical platforms.
The Chemistry Departments runs or participates in several research centers and other larger collaborations within and outside Uppsala University:
- Angiogenesis-inducing Bioactive and Bioresponsive Scaffolds in Tissue Engineering..
- Rational Bioactive Materials Design for Tissue Regeneration.
- Design, construction and demonstration of solar biofuel production using novel (photo)synthetic cell factories.
- Junior Faculty is an organization for junior researchers at Uppsala University.
- Stem Cells for Regenerative Therapy.
- Uppsala Center for Computational Chemistry, UC3, is a virtual center consisting of research groups at Uppsala university working in the field of computational chemistry
The postgraduate training provides the proficiency and experience necessary for carrying out independent research, over and above the specifications stipulated for basic and advanced level university education. After graduating you will be well prepared and qualified for a position at the best universities, nationally and internationally, in industry, public agencies, and society in general. If you are interested to start graduate studies, contact the research program that you are interested in. The Faculty of Science and Technology holds the overall supervisory responsibility for postgraduate training.