- Conferment ceremony - May 24th 2019-05-22
- Ex-PhD from Chemistry - Ångström receives award for being one of Swedens most innovative entrepreneurs 2019-05-10
- Element of the month - Manganese (Mn) 2019-05-03
- Two researchers from Chemistry - Ångström to receive grant at the Royal Palace 2019-05-02
- Peafowl Solar Power - Sustainable power solutions 2019-04-29
Element of the month
Do you have imagination, are you curious and creative? Then chemistry have many exciting areas to offer. New substances are created every day in hopes of finding intelligent materials, new medicines and to get new insights into how nature works. If you are a more theoretical person you can design molecules in the digital world.
The width within chemistry is reflected both in curricula and research. We have everything from basic level courses to specialized courses, within bachelor, engineering and master level programmes. The courses within our master programmes are given in English.
Meet our researchers
She coordinates EU project Battery 2030+ and receive millions of SEK in research funding each year and she has put Uppsala University’s battery research on the world map.
Read the interview with professor Kristina Edström
Within the Section of Chemistry at Uppsala University, there are 10 different research programmes focusing on different areas within chemistry.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Molecular Biomimetics
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Structural Chemistry
- Synthetic Molecular Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry