- Highly Cited Researchers 2018 2018-12-12
- The chemist with a handle on the state of molecules 2018-12-05
- Plan S (Open Access) proposal met with skepticism from leading scientists 2018-11-27
- The Future of Batteries workshop - preparing a European initiative on future battery technologies 2018-11-14
- Researchers capture new images of photosynthetic protein complex splitting water 2018-11-08
Biochemist Erik Marklund
Do you have imagination, are you curious and creative? Then chemistry have many exciting areas to offer. New substances are created every day in hopes of finding intelligent materials, new medicines and to get new insights into how nature works. If you are a more theoretical person you can design molecules in the digital world.
The width within chemistry is reflected both in curricula and research. We have everything from basic level courses to specialized courses, within bachelor, engineering and master level programmes. The courses within our master programmes are given in English.
Meet our researchers
Within the Section of Chemistry at Uppsala University, there are 10 different research programmes focusing on different areas within chemistry: Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Molecular Biomimetics, Inorganic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Structural Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry.