- SUNRISE selected for European large-scale research initiative 2019-02-19
- Swedish-Russian Symposium on a Common Language for Science 2019-02-14
- Five HEIs to represent Sweden as research nation 2019-02-14
- Symposium of the Swedish Consortium for Artificial Photosynthesis 2019-02-12
- Available position: Researcher in (Photo)electrode and device fabrication, organometallic chemistry, spectroscopy, (photo)electrochemistry 2019-02-11
Element of the month
Do you have imagination, are you curious and creative? Then chemistry have many exciting areas to offer. New substances are created every day in hopes of finding intelligent materials, new medicines and to get new insights into how nature works. If you are a more theoretical person you can design molecules in the digital world.
The width within chemistry is reflected both in curricula and research. We have everything from basic level courses to specialized courses, within bachelor, engineering and master level programmes. The courses within our master programmes are given in English.
Meet our researchers
Within the Section of Chemistry at Uppsala University, there are 10 different research programmes focusing on different areas within chemistry: Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Molecular Biomimetics, Inorganic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Structural Chemistry, Synthetic Molecular Chemistry and Theoretical Chemistry.